Saturday, July 5, 2008

Megan, My Dear

Here my dear, my dear Megan, here is a gift for you.

One that you will cherish forever more.

I found your innocence deep within my soul.

I would like to return it, but hold on to its memory.

After continously being told the stories of how your purity was torn

Or better yet stripped away from your precious body.

Shaved body, prickly with uneven hair, scarred from the cuts and scrapes.

They were not careful.

As objects of indecency penetrated your small frame.

They were not careful.

A mouthful of feces from a species you could not name.

They would never dare to do the same to themselves or others like them.

Now the F-Fuck B-Black I-Individuals will not even pursue your case.

Unless it was questioned in a different light it was simply not a matter of haste.

Your fate in the hands of the same people who perpetuated the death of MLK and let us not forget JFK when they simply wanted change.

No hate crime you state! But, oh it is.

Now, Megan hates herself!

The worst hate crime of them all.

Only twenty, but she hates herself.

How will she move on after being hit, spit, and peed on.

How can she recover from the racially biased epithets.

Tell me how she can begin to trangress from the life in which she has been subjected.

The object is she can not. At least, that's what they want you to believe.

But, my gift to you is your innocence and the will to know that you can.

You can, my dear Megan, become whole again.

No comments:

See...I Smile Sometimes!

See...I Smile Sometimes!