Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wearing My Race On My Sleeve

I would like to officially say that I wish there were black-owned cafes or coffee-shops in my area, which is Northwest Detroit. This is simply because I would love to hang there all day and just write, breathe, and then write again. I would also love if my dollars went towards the upliftment of my own community. Unfortunately, there are none so I am forced to go to places in Royal Oak, Allen Park, and Hamtramck to do what I do best. This is unfortunate for two reasons...it is too far and I feel that I simply do not belong. Maybe I wouldn't need a black-owned cafe if people were more open to diversity. What is an utopia to some is a place of torture for others. Quite frankly, you can not be creative when hate and misunderstanding are lurking in the air.

No comments:

See...I Smile Sometimes!

See...I Smile Sometimes!