Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cherish The Day

You've got this look I can't describe,
You make me feel like I'm Alive,
Whenever everything else is a fade,
Without a doubt you are by my side.
Thanx, Ms. Rae
This weekend I have come to the realization, with the assistance of some people and other things, that love in the black community and in general is hard to come across, but when you stumble upon it it is important to remember that it something to be cherished and preserved especially when it is very rare. I have come to realize that regardless the type of relationship it might be, female and male, male and male, or female and female, it is very difficult to come across those who possess the total package...not that people are packaged up to be commodified, but it is true. So, when you meet someone who is intelligent (not smart, but intelligent), driven, spiritual (not religious, but spiritual), confident, goal oriented, sometimes it helps if they are attractive to YOU (lol), and SINGLE, cherish them as a friend first and as your significant other half second. Then maybe the words of Corinne Bailey Rae s will represent how you feel.

No comments:

See...I Smile Sometimes!

See...I Smile Sometimes!