Monday, April 27, 2009

Black Feminist Writing A Self-Dealing with Perplexity


I was told by my mentor Heather Neff that writing is a state of mind. You get into a mode and you just write. I was also told by a friend, Evita that it is when we find solace in solitude that we write and think the best. This is fine except for the fact that when I read and write the ideas come at a speed of like 100 miles per hour. That being said, I do have 10 pages and must add at least five more to do this first chapter justice. I have not even covered the historical background of black women writing autobiography. The goal is to finish the chapter by December 2009, but at this rate I will be done some time in August 2010...not acceptable. So, today...I will add the historical background to what I have thus far. For, without this history there would be no autobiography...and no such thing as black feminism because there would be no narrative of such a movement. In this background I plan to learn something new and share something new the next time I write to you. I am sure my research today will foster enlightenment in some way, shape or form. I plan to transgress just a little by the time darkness falls. Wish me luck;0

"Words invite us to transgress-to move beyond the world of the ordinary." (bell hooks)

No comments:

See...I Smile Sometimes!

See...I Smile Sometimes!